Alcohol abuse is far more dangerous than we often realize. Until something bad happens like an injury, a crash due to drunk driving or other issues, we don’t stop to think about how risky it is. Here, you’ll find the effects of drinking alcohol in men and women. These facts from the cdc.gov show the health risks, the risk of death and more when it comes to excessively drinking alcohol. Need help with a DWI? Call our Durham DWI lawyer now.
- Excessive alcohol use can interfere with testicular function and male hormone production resulting in impotence, infertility, and reduction of male secondary sex characteristics such as facial and chest hair.
- Excessive alcohol use is commonly involved in sexual assault.
- Men are almost two times more likely to binge drink than women.
- Men are more likely than women to commit suicide, and more likely to have been drinking prior to committing suicide.
- Men consistently have higher rates of alcohol-related deaths and hospitalizations than women.
For more facts on this be sure to head over to our next blog post. You can find additional information there when it comes to alcohol abuse in men and women.
Our Durham DWI lawyer will try and help you with violations so you can get back to your very busy life. Having to go to driving school can be tough when you are already balancing work and family, especially if you have children! Human beings are not perfect people, and minor cases can often be reduced. Contact us for help!