We are back with more facts from cdc.gov concerning the effects of alcohol abuse in men and women. If you missed our previous blog, head back there for more. Also be sure to contact our DWI lawyer in Durham NC anytime you need help with a drunk driving conviction. We are here to help.
- About 4.5 percent of men and 2.5 percent of women met the diagnostic criteria for alcohol dependence in the past year.
- Alcohol consumption increases the risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, and colon in men.
- Alcohol use by men increases the chances of engaging in risky sexual activity including unprotected sex, sex with multiple partners, or sex with a partner at risk for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Among drivers in fatal motor-vehicle traffic crashes, men are almost twice as likely as women to have been intoxicated.
- Approximately 23 percent of adult men report binge drinking 5 times a month, averaging 8 drinks per binge.
- Approximately 58 percent of adult men report drinking alcohol in the last 30 days.
- Around 90 percent of people who binge drink are not alcoholics or alcohol dependent.
- Excessive alcohol consumption increases aggression and, as a result, can increase the risk of physically assaulting another person.
Kevin Jones | DWI Lawyer Durham NC
Though drinking and driving is extremely dangerous and should never be done, our DWI lawyer in Durham NC understands that mistakes are made. Our law office is always here to help you. If you have been involved in a DWI accident, please don’t hesitate to contact us today, for assistance. While alcohol related crashes have been on the decline since the 1980s, and are continuing to drop, mistakes are still made. Know that we are here to help you with any legal matter you might come in contact with.