Domestic violence affects children and adults in different ways. No matter how they’re affected, it’s typically always a negative experience that causes serious issues with their every day life. Here, you’ll find information on how it can affect children according to americanspcc.org.
- A recent U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)-funded study concluded that a majority of children in the United States have been exposed to violence, crime, or abuse in their homes, schools, and communities.
- Children exposed to violence are also at a higher risk of engaging in criminal behavior later in life and becoming part of a cycle of violence.
- Each year, millions of children and adolescents in the United States are exposed to violence in their homes, schools, and communities as both victims and witnesses.
- Even if they are not physically present, children may be affected by intentional harm done by another (for example, the murder of or an assault on a family member or close neighbor).
- The consequences of this problem are significant and widespread. Children’s exposure to violence, whether as victims or witnesses, is often associated with long-term physical, psychological, and emotional harm.
Visit back soon to learn more about the affects of domestic violence in children. If you or someone you know has been affected by domestic violence, contact our Durham domestic violence attorney.
Kevin Jones | Durham Domestic Violence Attorney
If you or someone you know lives in the Durham, NC area and are a victim of or have been charged with domestic abuse and/or domestic violence, contact Durham domestic violence attorney Kevin Jones for help.
Durham domestic violence attorney, Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.