Our Durham attorney is back with more teen driving facts and statistics so that you can inform your teen drivers of the dangers that come with operating a vehicle. If you missed our last post, check back here for more statistics and facts.
- In 2015, there were 3,477 people killed and an estimated additional 391,000 injured in crashes involving distracted drivers. NHTSA
- Driver distraction is responsible for more than 58% of teen crashes. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- Distracted driving crashes are under-reported and the NSC estimates that cell phone use alone accounted for 27% of 2015 car crashes. NSC
- Cell phone users are 5.36 times more likely to get into an accident than undistracted drivers. University of Utah
- 37,461 lives were lost on U.S. roads in 2016, an increase of 5.6% from 2015 (data not yet available for 2017) NHTSA
- 10% of fatal crashes and 15% of injury crashes in 2015 were distraction-affected. NHTSA.
Kevin Jones | Durham Attorney
Durham attorney, Kevin E. Jones can help you in this legal situation. We are also here to help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.