Here, you’ll statistics from enddd.org that talk about distracted driving in adults. Oftentimes, we talk about teen drivers and their distractions. However, adults also have issues with this.
Distracted Driving | Lawyer Durham NC
- Travelers Insurance Company poll, Sept. 2017 – Of those who drive to or for work, 43% will answer or make work-related communications while driving, including texting, emailing and calling. The reasons those drivers gave for doing so were 38% felt they needed to always be available, 37% feared missing out on something important at work and 17% did not want to upset the boss. By age groups, 18-34 and 35-44-year-olds were tied at 54% for the largest percentage of drivers engaged in work-related communications while driving.
- “Many parents multi-task while driving kids”, University of Michigan, 2014 published in American Journal of Pediatrics – Almost 90 percent of drivers reported engaging in at least one technology-based distraction while driving their child in the prior month, and most drivers reported engaging in 4 of the 10 distractions asked about in the study.
- “Exclusive Survey from American Baby and Safe Kids Worldwide: Moms Make the Same Risky Driving Choices as Teens“, 2013 – 78% admit to talking on the phone while driving with their baby; 64% of moms have turned around to tend to their child’s needs while driving; 26% text or check email
Head over to our next blog post for more statistics that talk about distracted adult drivers.
Kevin Jones | Lawyer Durham NC
Lawyer in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.
Distracted driving is dangerous. It can lead to accidents, and in some cases, fatal wrecks. Here, you’ll find statistics that support the issue. We hope these statistics found at enddd.org help you understand why it’s important to stay focused on the road while driving.
Distracted Driving | Attorney Durham NC
- “Nearly Half of the Commuters Admit to Texting While Driving”, AT&T survey, 2013 – 49% of adults admitted to texting while driving (43% for teens) – 40% call it a habit; 6 in 10 did not do it 3 years prior
- Parent/Teen Correlation in Distracted Driving – University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute and Toyota, 2012 -Parents who talk on cell phones, send texts or eat and drink while driving has teenagers who are 2 to 4 times more likely to do the same.
- “Adults and Cell Phone Distractions,” Pew Research Center, 2010 – Adults are just as likely as teens to have texted while driving and are substantially more likely to have talked on the phone while driving.
Staying focused on the road can help prevent accidents. If you’ve been in a car wreck due to distracted driving an need an attorney in Durham NC, contact our office today.
Attorney Durham NC
Attorney in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.
Millennials are changing marriage according to new studies that have been done in the past few years. Believe it or not, millennials are staying married longer than the generation before them.
Bloomberg.com states that “New data show younger couples are approaching relationships very differently from baby boomers, who married young, divorced, remarried and so on. Generation X and especially millennials are being pickier about who they marry, tying the knot at older ages when education, careers and finances are on track. The result is a U.S. divorce rate that dropped 18 percent from 2008 to 2016, according to an analysis by University of Maryland sociology professor Philip Cohen. Young people get the credit for fewer divorces because boomers have continued to divorce at unusually high rates, all the way into their 60s and 70s. From 1990 to 2015, according to Bowling Green’s National Center for Family and Marriage Research, the divorce rate doubled for people aged 55 to 64, and even tripled for Americans 65 and older.”
For more on this, be sure to check back with our next blog post. We will have additional information on millennials and divorce there.
Our Durham divorce lawyer is here to help you in times when you need us most. We know it’s difficult to go through a divorce. However, doing it alone is worse than having someone on your side. Call our office now to schedule an appointment with our lawyer so that you can talk things over and get an idea of the next steps needed to proceed in your divorce. We are here to assist you with all your legal needs that pertain to your divorce as well as others.
Understanding legal separation in North Carolina can be difficult without the right information. Our divorce lawyer in Durham NC is here to help you get a better idea of what being legally separated means should you and your spouse choose to part ways.
In the state of North Carolina, legally separating from your spouse means that you both should be living in separate homes and have declared that permanent separation is inevitable.
Written documents may not be required as long as you and your smiles are living in different homes. At least one party in the marriage needs to be intent on a permanent separation.
Even if a romantic relationship has ended, it is not possible to live in the same home as your spouse if a permanent separation is what both of you want.
Though a married couple living in separate homes May declare legal separation, it does not apply to married couples who are romantically involved yet living in separate homes for work purposes.
In our next blog post, we will talk more about legal separation, including a separation agreement. Be sure to visit back soon to learn more from our divorce lawyer in Durham NC.
Kevin E. Jones | Divorce Lawyer Durham NC
If you’re going through a separation and need help with filing for divorce, contact our divorce lawyer in Durham NC, today. We are here to help you through this difficult time. While you can do this alone, you shouldn’t have to. Let us help.
Kevin E. Jones can help you if you find yourself with a DUI citation, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Durham lawyer, Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.