We are back with more facts from teensafe.com that talk about distracted driving.
Facts of Distracted Driving | Lawyer Durham NC
- In 2015, 391,000 injuries were caused in distracted driving related accidents.
- Driving distracted is compared to drunk driving since it follows the same psychological pattern: when drivers get away with driving distracted, they then continue to practice this bad habit until a crash occurs or until they are caught and suffer consequences.
- Driver distraction is reported to be responsible for more than 58 percent of teen crashes.
- Distracted driving is seen as a tricky problem as it’s a temporary one that is hard to proactively predict and catch.
Kevin Jones | Lawyer Durham NC
Lawyer in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.
More distracted driving facts and statistics can be found here from teensafe.com. It’s important to take a look at them and see why paying attention while operating a vehicle is essential.
- Distracted driving is commonly referred to as the, “new drunk driving”.
- Distracted driving has been called an American epidemic and is completely preventable.
- Distracted driving accounts for approximately 25 percent of all motor vehicle crash fatalities.
- Car crashes are the number one killer of teens in the UNITED STATES
- At the time of fatal crashes, teens have been the largest age group that reported being distracted while driving.
- Americans are driving more miles now than ever before, resulting in more traffic accidents and fatalities.
- 9 people in the UNITED STATES are killed each day as a result of crashes involving a distracted driver, according to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- 16 to 19 year-olds are three times as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash than any other age group.
Our Durham, NC criminal justice system is designed to protect the accused. A Defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, too many citizens do not know how to navigate the criminal justice system. This lack of knowledge can cause drastic results that can follow them around for the rest of their lives. When you are charged with a criminal offense you need an experienced attorney who truly believes in protecting your rights. All of the attorneys with The Law Office of Kevin E. Jones, PLLC are experienced in handling cases that range from serious felonies to minor misdemeanors. Call now for help.
We are here with a few distracted driving facts and statistics from teensafe.com that can help you better understand the issues that come with driving.
- While the number of drinking and driving fatalities has decreased in teens, the number of traffic fatalities in the age group has not, much attributed to distracted driving.
- Since there is no way to test for distracted driving after an accident occurs, it’s widely believed that the number of crashes, injuries, and fatalities caused by distracted driving are vastly under reported.
- Over 80 percent of drivers admit to blatantly hazardous behavior while driving, such as changing clothes, steering with a foot, painting nails, or even shaving.
- It takes only 3 seconds after a driver’s attention has been diverted from the road for a crash to occur.
- In that same year, distracted driving was cited as a major factor in 3,477 traffic deaths.
DWI lawyer in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones, can help you if you find yourself with a DWI citation, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Durham lawyer, Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number. Call now for help from our lawyer.
Our Durham attorney is back with more teen driving facts and statistics so that you can inform your teen drivers of the dangers that come with operating a vehicle. If you missed our last post, check back here for more statistics and facts.
- In 2015, there were 3,477 people killed and an estimated additional 391,000 injured in crashes involving distracted drivers. NHTSA
- Driver distraction is responsible for more than 58% of teen crashes. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- Distracted driving crashes are under-reported and the NSC estimates that cell phone use alone accounted for 27% of 2015 car crashes. NSC
- Cell phone users are 5.36 times more likely to get into an accident than undistracted drivers. University of Utah
- 37,461 lives were lost on U.S. roads in 2016, an increase of 5.6% from 2015 (data not yet available for 2017) NHTSA
- 10% of fatal crashes and 15% of injury crashes in 2015 were distraction-affected. NHTSA.
Durham attorney, Kevin E. Jones can help you in this legal situation. We are also here to help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.