Teen driving can be dangerous. There are many reasons why teens crash their vehicles. Most of the time, it’s due to inexperience. Here, you’ll find facts and statistics that help you learn more about teen driving so that you can share these things with your teens. If you need help with a teen driving situation or court date, contact our Durham lawyer.
- The fatal crash rate for teens is 3 times greater than for drivers age 20 and over (IIHS)
- Text messaging increases the risk of crash or near-crash by 23 times. Virginia Technical Transportation Institute, USDOT
- Sending or reading a text message takes your eyes off the road for about 5 seconds, long enough to cover a football field while driving at 55 mph NHTSA
- People are as impaired when they drive and talk on a cell phone as they are when they drive intoxicated at the legal blood-alcohol limit of 0.08%. University of Utah
- Over 84% of drivers recognize the danger from cell phone distractions and find it “unacceptable” that drivers text or send email while driving. Nevertheless, 36% of these same people admit to having read or sent a text message or e-mail while driving in the previous month. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
Visit back soon for more information on teen driving. Our next blog will offer more statistics and facts.
Our attorney is here to help you with not only family law and divorce issues, but also, small business, personal injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.
We are back with more facts from cdc.gov concerning the effects of alcohol abuse in men and women. If you missed our previous blog, head back there for more. Also be sure to contact our DWI lawyer in Durham NC anytime you need help with a drunk driving conviction. We are here to help.
- About 4.5 percent of men and 2.5 percent of women met the diagnostic criteria for alcohol dependence in the past year.
- Alcohol consumption increases the risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, and colon in men.
- Alcohol use by men increases the chances of engaging in risky sexual activity including unprotected sex, sex with multiple partners, or sex with a partner at risk for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Among drivers in fatal motor-vehicle traffic crashes, men are almost twice as likely as women to have been intoxicated.
- Approximately 23 percent of adult men report binge drinking 5 times a month, averaging 8 drinks per binge.
- Approximately 58 percent of adult men report drinking alcohol in the last 30 days.
- Around 90 percent of people who binge drink are not alcoholics or alcohol dependent.
- Excessive alcohol consumption increases aggression and, as a result, can increase the risk of physically assaulting another person.
Kevin Jones | DWI Lawyer Durham NC
Though drinking and driving is extremely dangerous and should never be done, our DWI lawyer in Durham NC understands that mistakes are made. Our law office is always here to help you. If you have been involved in a DWI accident, please don’t hesitate to contact us today, for assistance. While alcohol related crashes have been on the decline since the 1980s, and are continuing to drop, mistakes are still made. Know that we are here to help you with any legal matter you might come in contact with.
Alcohol abuse is far more dangerous than we often realize. Until something bad happens like an injury, a crash due to drunk driving or other issues, we don’t stop to think about how risky it is. Here, you’ll find the effects of drinking alcohol in men and women. These facts from the cdc.gov show the health risks, the risk of death and more when it comes to excessively drinking alcohol. Need help with a DWI? Call our Durham DWI lawyer now.
- Excessive alcohol use can interfere with testicular function and male hormone production resulting in impotence, infertility, and reduction of male secondary sex characteristics such as facial and chest hair.
- Excessive alcohol use is commonly involved in sexual assault.
- Men are almost two times more likely to binge drink than women.
- Men are more likely than women to commit suicide, and more likely to have been drinking prior to committing suicide.
- Men consistently have higher rates of alcohol-related deaths and hospitalizations than women.
For more facts on this be sure to head over to our next blog post. You can find additional information there when it comes to alcohol abuse in men and women.
Our Durham DWI lawyer will try and help you with violations so you can get back to your very busy life. Having to go to driving school can be tough when you are already balancing work and family, especially if you have children! Human beings are not perfect people, and minor cases can often be reduced. Contact us for help!
Our attorney in Durham NC is back with more statistics from americanspcc.org. If you missed our previous blog please visit back here for more information.
- Being exposed to violence may impair a child’s capacity for partnering and parenting later in life, continuing the cycle of violence into the next generation.
- Children can suffer from difficulties with attachment, regressive behavior, anxiety and depression, and aggression and conduct problems in domestic violence situations.
- Children react to exposure to violence in different ways, and many children show remarkable resilience. All too often, however, children who are exposed to violence undergo lasting physical, mental, and emotional harm.
- Domestic violence in families is often hidden from view and devastates its victims physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially.
- It threatens the stability of the family and negatively impacts all family members, especially the children who learn from it that violence is an acceptable way to cope with stress or problems or to gain control over another person.
- They may be more prone to dating violence, delinquency, further victimization, and involvement with the child welfare and juvenile justice systems.
Kevin Jones | Attorney Durham NC
Durham Attorney Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.