Here, you’ll find facts and statistics from www.niaaa.nih.gov about the dangers of summer drinking and operating a boat. Be sure to consider your actions this summer before operating a vehicle of any kind after drinking alcohol. However, we know mistakes are made. Our Durham lawyer is here if you need him.
- The U.S. Coast Guard reports that alcohol consumption contributes to 19 percent of boating deaths in which the primary cause is known, making alcohol the leading known contributor of fatal boating accidents.
- A boat operator with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0. 08 percent or higher is 14 times more likely to be killed in a boating accident than an operator with no alcohol in their system.
- Reaching a 0.08 percent BAC would require about 4 drinks in two hours for an average-size woman (171 lbs) or 5 drinks in two hours for an average-size man (198 lbs).
- It is important to note that the odds of a fatal crash begin to increase with the first drink.
- In addition, according to the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators, alcohol can impair a boater’s judgment, balance, vision, and reaction time.
- It can also increase fatigue and susceptibility to the effects of cold-water immersion.
- If problems arise, intoxicated boaters are ill equipped to respond quickly and find solutions.
- For passengers, intoxication can lead to slips on deck, falls overboard, or accidents at the dock.
For more inspiration that helps you get through a divorce, contact our Durham divorce lawyer now. We are here to help you through this difficult time. Also, check back with our next blog for more quotes that help inspire you to feel happy again.
We are back with final facts and statistics that deal with texting and driving. Sometimes, sharing facts with those that are driving unsafely could help them to realize their mistakes. If you or someone you know needs help with a traffic violation call our Durham lawyer today.
- “The effects of texting on driving performance in a driving simulator: The influence of driver age”, Rumschlag and Palumbo, et al, Wayne State University, (Accident Analysis and Prevention) Dec. 2014 – older drivers are more adversely affected by texting while driving than younger drivers while using a driving simulator to measure lane excursions.
- “Distraction Effects of Manual and Text Entry While Driving“, NHTSA, 2011 (DOT HS 811 510) – text messaging associated with the highest level of distraction potential, ten-digit dialing was the second most distracting task; radio tuning had the lowest level.
Durham lawyer Kevin E. Jones, can help you if you find yourself with a DWI citation, traffic violation, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Durham lawyer, Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number. Call now for help from our lawyer.
We are here with a few more facts and statistics that deal with texting and driving. This is a dangerous act that can result in an accident. If you’ve been pulled over for texting and driving call our attorney in Durham NC.
- Americans and Text Messaging,” Pew Research Center 2011 , Cell owners between the ages of 18 and 24 exchange an average of 109.5 messages on a normal day; text messaging and phone calling on cell phones have leveled off for the adult population as a whole
- “Driver Distraction in Commercial Motor Vehicle Operations”, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, 2009 – Text messaging creates a crash risk 23 times greater than driving without distraction (See Table 3 and page xx)
- “Text Messaging During Simulated Driving”, Drews and Strayer, et al., (Human Factors) 2009 – Sixfold increase in crashes by drivers texting while driving
Missed our previous blog? Check back here for more. Also stay tuned for one final installment in this series.
Our attorney in Durham NC is here to help you with all your legal needs. From family law and divorce issues to distracted driving, small business, personal injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number. Our attorney in Durham NC can help.
Are you worried about distracted driving with your teen? If so, you have a right. Texting while driving is a major problem in today’s time. Here, you’ll find facts and statistics that help you better understand the issue.
“Driver Electronic Use in 2012“, NHTSA, 2014 (DOT HS 811 884) – The percentage of drivers text-messaging or visibly manipulating hand-held devices increased from 1.3 percent in 2011 to 1.5 percent in 2012; hand held cell phone use continued to be higher among females, highest among 16 to 24 year-olds and lowest among drivers 70 and older
“Distraction Effects of In-Vehicle Tasks Requiring Number and Text Entry Using Auto Alliance’s Principle 2.1B Verification Procedure“, NTHSA, 2012 (DOT HS 811 571) – Text messaging associated with the highest levels of driving performance degradation and more distracting than all other tasks due to its higher level of task demand, followed by destination entry; radio tuning – lowest levels of driving performance degradation; the two phone dialing tasks (contact selection and 10 digit number dialing) equivalent in their effects on driving performance and were intermediate relative to the two extremes
Visit back soon for more facts and statistics on texting and driving.
Kevin Jones | Lawyer Durham NC
Lawyer in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.