Each day more than 3 women and 1 man are murdered in America. For example in the year 2000, 1,247 women were killed by a partner classified as intimate. Approximately 30% of all women homicides are a result of an altercation with an intimate partner as compared to only 5% for men. (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Intimate Partner Violence in the U.S. 1993-2004, 2006.)
Don’t be just another number. Contact The Law Office of Kevin E. Jones today for more information on domestic violence law, attorney representation and your rights.
Divorce is always the last option. However, more and more, divorce is becoming a reality for all walks of people in America. The following statistics were sourced from a Discovery Channel program that analyzed divorce in our country.
Divorce Statistics in America
||45% to 50% marriages end in divorce
||60% to 67% marriages end in divorce
||70% to 73% marriages end in divorce
If you find yourself in this situation, contact Durham Divorce Lawyer, Kevin Jones for legal advice. Protect your relationship with your children and ensure your personal assets.
The National Center for Injury Protection and Control is a great source for facts about personal injury in the United States. If you have been affected by an injury, accident or unfavorable insurance situations, contact Durham personal injury attorney, Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number:
- Every year, more than 90,000 people die in the United States as a result of unintentional injuries.
- Accidental injuries result in about 31 million emergency room visits each year.
- Every year, about a quarter of all children sustain an injury serious enough to require medical attention, school absences, and/or bed rest.
- Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury-related deaths in the United States for people ages one to thirty-four.
- On average, there are 11,200 disabling accidental injuries every hour during the year.
- One out of every 10 construction workers is accidentally injured every year.
- The most common accident at construction sites is falls, either on the same level or from height. More fatalities occur from falls than any other construction activity.
Durham attorney Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights.
Consult a Durham traffic attorney if you find yourself in a legal situation.
Auto accidents, speeding tickets, DWI, parking tickets, oh my. Traffic violations touch almost each and every one of us more often than we would like. There are a number of possible charges, punishments, outcomes, and long-term effects associated the traffic violations listed below.
A number of traffic crimes and their corresponding outcomes are offered to give you an idea of the range and complex nature of traffic law. If you don’t know what you are doing, you are most likely going to make mis-steps that have consequences. Almost any of these charges warrant points on your drivers license and insurance premium increases as well.
- Running a red light (ticket)
- Running a stop sign (ticket)
- Failing to signal (ticket)
- Illegal parking (ticket)
- Failure to yield (ticket)
- Driving without headlights at night (ticket)
- Improper equipment (signal lights, tail lights, speedometer) (ticket)
- Hitting a moving vehicle (ticket)
- Hitting or rear-ending a stopped car (ticket)
- Property damage by vehicle (civil and ticket)
- Manslaughter by vehicle (civil and criminal charges)
- Reckless driving (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- Speeding (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- Exceeding the safe speed (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- DWI (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- DUI (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- Driving underage (ticket and/or learners permit revoked)
- Death by motor vehicle (civil and criminal charges)
If you have questions regarding one of these or another traffic violation, please contact Durham traffic lawyer, Kevin E. Jones for legal advice and assistance.