More distracted driving facts and statistics can be found here from teensafe.com. It’s important to take a look at them and see why paying attention while operating a vehicle is essential.
- Distracted driving is commonly referred to as the, “new drunk driving”.
- Distracted driving has been called an American epidemic and is completely preventable.
- Distracted driving accounts for approximately 25 percent of all motor vehicle crash fatalities.
- Car crashes are the number one killer of teens in the UNITED STATES
- At the time of fatal crashes, teens have been the largest age group that reported being distracted while driving.
- Americans are driving more miles now than ever before, resulting in more traffic accidents and fatalities.
- 9 people in the UNITED STATES are killed each day as a result of crashes involving a distracted driver, according to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- 16 to 19 year-olds are three times as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash than any other age group.
Our Durham, NC criminal justice system is designed to protect the accused. A Defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, too many citizens do not know how to navigate the criminal justice system. This lack of knowledge can cause drastic results that can follow them around for the rest of their lives. When you are charged with a criminal offense you need an experienced attorney who truly believes in protecting your rights. All of the attorneys with The Law Office of Kevin E. Jones, PLLC are experienced in handling cases that range from serious felonies to minor misdemeanors. Call now for help.