Welcome back. We are here with more child abuse facts and statistics. Our Durham attorney can help you if you are in a situation where you know of a child that is being neglected or abused. Call now to learn more. Here, you’ll find more information from dosomething.org to help you better understand the severity of the situation when it comes to child abuse in the U.S.
- Approximately 5 children die every day because of child abuse.
- Boys (48.5 percent) and girls (51.2 percent) become victims at nearly the same rate.
- Children who experience child abuse and neglect are 59 percent more likely to be arrested as a juvenile, 28 percent more likely to be arrested as an adult, and 30 percent more likely to commit violent crimes.
- In 2012, 82.2 percent of child abuse perpetrators were found to be between the ages of 18-44, of which 39.6 percent were recorded to be between the ages of 25-34.
- In the United States, more than 4 children die from child abuse and neglect on a daily basis. Over 70 percent of these children are below the age of 3.
Child abuse is dangerous and has to be dealt with immediately or else it is likely to occur again. Contact the authorities if you’ve witnessed child abuse, today. Don’t wait. If you’re more comfortable, contact our Durham attorney today for more information.
Our Durham attorney has children and prides himself on being a family lawyer that advocates for children, families and justice. If you or someone you know is involved in a child abuse or neglect situation, please contact Kevin Jones. We provide assistance to families who want to help stop child abuse.