Below, you’ll find divorce facts from divorce.com. Our lawyer in Durham NC is here to help you if you’re going through a divorce or separation. Contact us now to make an appointment.
Facts of Divorce | Divorce Lawyer Durham NC
- If a divorce proceeding can go smoothly and both parties can amicably agree, then the cost of it can be less than $1,000.
- Having children in a household from a previous marriage increases the chances of a divorce occurring by up to 15%.
- For women who feel like they are being forced to have sex, their chances of experiencing a second divorce are 25% higher. For Caucasian women, the risk increases to 33%.
- Age matters. Couples that are above the age of 25 are the least likely to get divorced after any marriage.
- After a first marriage, it generally takes someone about 4 years before getting married a second time.
- About 67-80% of second marriages end in divorce.
- A second marriage with a spouse who suffers from a general anxiety disorder has a 50% higher risk of experiencing a divorce.
- 85% of people with a Bachelor’s degree and are married for the second time will make it to their 10th anniversary.
- 57% of attorneys say that divorces are less likely to happen when there is a recession going on with the economy.
- 2 out of 3 marriages will make it to their 10th anniversary, but only 1 out of 3 marriages will make it to their 25th anniversary.
- 15%. That’s the percentage of second marriages that will end after just 36 months.
- 13% of women who have divorced said they wished that they had worked harder to save their marriage, but 65% of them say they wished their spouse had worked harder.
- 1 in 4 second marriages will have ended after just 5 years.
Remember, if you missed our blog post previously, be sure to visit back with it, as well for more facts and statistics.
Are you facing a divorce and aren’t sure what steps to take? Many consider hiring a divorce lawyer when there is threat of harm to themselves or to their children. If you feel that this is a situation you are dealing with, don’t hesitate to contact our Durham divorce lawyer, today. We can help you through this situation with the proper legal steps.
You might also want to consider a lawyer simply because your spouse has one. If you’re caught without a lawyer during court sessions, you may not be able to handle the situation alone. For more information regarding divorce all over the world, be sure to visit back with us, soon!
Contact Kevin Jones, Divorce Lawyer in Durham NC, Today!
If you’re going through a separation and need help with filing for divorce, contact our divorce lawyer in Durham NC, today. We are here to help you through this difficult time. While you can do this alone, you shouldn’t have to. Let us help.
Kevin E. Jones, can help you if you find yourself with a DUI citation, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Durham lawyer, Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.