Welcome back. Below, you’ll find more statistics and facts about domestic violence in the U.S. These facts are current and updated. If you have questions or need to speak with our attorney in Durham NC, contact us at any time.
DV Facts and Statistics | Attorney Durham NC
- Two-thirds (66.2%) of female victims of stalking were stalked by a current or former intimate partner.
- There is a common link between domestic violence and child abuse. Among victims of child abuse, 40% report domestic violence in the home (from a WORLD REPORT).
- The U.S. Advisory Board on Child Abuse and Neglect suggests that domestic violence may be the single major precursor to child abuse and neglect fatalities in this country.
- Repeatedly receiving unwanted telephone calls, voice, or text messages was the most commonly experienced stalking tactic for both female and male victims of stalking (78.8% for women and 75.9% for men).
- One study in North America found that children who were exposed to violence in the home were 15 times more likely to be physically and/or sexually assaulted than the national average.
- One in 6 women (16.2%) and 1 in 19 men (5.2%) in the United States have experienced stalking victimization at some point during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed (by any perpetrator).
- One in 10 high school students has experienced physical violence from a dating partner in the past year.
- Nearly 1 in 5 women (18.3%) and 1 in 71 men (1.4%) have been raped in their lifetime (by any perpetrator).
- Nearly 1 in 10 women in the United States (9.4%) has been raped by an intimate partner in her lifetime.
- Most female victims of intimate partner violence were previously victimized by the same offender, including 77% of females ages 18 to 24, 76% of females ages 25 to 34, and 81% of females ages 35 to 49.
- Most female victims of completed rape (79.6%) experienced their first rape before the age of 25; 42.2% experienced their first completed rape before the age of 18 years.
To learn more about domestic violence and abuse statistics, be sure to visit with our next blog post, soon. Knowing how prevalent this serious crime is will help you understand why it’s important to bring about awareness in it.
If you or someone you know lives in the Durham, NC area and are a victim of or have been charged with domestic abuse and/or domestic violence, contact Attorney in Durham NC Kevin Jones for help.
Kevin Jones | Attorney Durham NC
Attorney in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall well being suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.