Durham attorney, Kevin E. Jones, is a Durham family attorney committed to educating the local Triangle community about legal issues, their impact and what you can do if these situations occur in your life. In the case of domestic violence or domestic abuse, it’s important that victims not feel alone. Here are a number of startling numbers from Domestic Violence Statistics.org:
Durham Attorney: Statistics
- Women are assaulted or beaten every 9 seconds in the US
- 1 out of 3 women around the world are beaten, abused or coerced into sexual relations by a family member during their lifetime
- Car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined are fewer in total that cases of domestic abuse and violence for women
- Nearly 10 million children in the US have witnessed domestic abuse in their homes
- 1 in 5 teenage girls state that their boyfriend has threatened abuse
- Daily 3 women are murdered by their boyfriend/husband in the US
If you or someone you know is or has been a victim of domestic violence and abuse, get HELP! The Law Office of Kevin E. Jones is here to help. Whether you need protection or need someone to protect your legal rights due to false accusation, Durham attorney Jones can assist.
Domestic violence is dangerous and has to be dealt with immediately or else it is likely to occur again. And equally destructive false accusations of violence can keep you from employment and future relationships so don’t allow it to just sit on your record. Contact our Durham attorney today for more information.