We are here with a few distracted driving facts and statistics from teensafe.com that can help you better understand the issues that come with driving.
- While the number of drinking and driving fatalities has decreased in teens, the number of traffic fatalities in the age group has not, much attributed to distracted driving.
- Since there is no way to test for distracted driving after an accident occurs, it’s widely believed that the number of crashes, injuries, and fatalities caused by distracted driving are vastly under reported.
- Over 80 percent of drivers admit to blatantly hazardous behavior while driving, such as changing clothes, steering with a foot, painting nails, or even shaving.
- It takes only 3 seconds after a driver’s attention has been diverted from the road for a crash to occur.
- In that same year, distracted driving was cited as a major factor in 3,477 traffic deaths.
DWI lawyer in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones, can help you if you find yourself with a DWI citation, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Durham lawyer, Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number. Call now for help from our lawyer.