Unfortunately, we live in a country that has multiple cases of child neglect happening every day. Even when you don’t hear about these things on the news, its happening. here, you’ll find facts and statistics about child neglect and abuse. If you or someone you know is dealing with a situation where abuse or neglect is taking place, contact our lawyer in Durham NC for help. These statistics and facts from dosomething.org can help you better understand the severity of the problem in our country.
- 14 percent of all men and 36 percent of all women in prison were abused as children.
- 9 million cases of child abuse are reported every year in the United States.
- 90 percent of child sexual abuse victims know the perpetrator in some way. 68 percent are abused by a family member.
- About 80 percent of 21-year-olds who were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.
- Abused children are less likely to practice safe sex, putting them at greater risk for STDs. They’re also 25 percent more likely to experience teen pregnancy.
To learn more please visit our next blog post. Our lawyer and Durham NC will have more facts and statistics for you to read about there.
Our lawyer has children and prides himself on being a family lawyer that advocates for children, families and justice. If you or someone you know is involved in a child abuse or neglect situation, please contact our Lawyer in Durham NC, Kevin Jones. We provide assistance to families who want to help stop child abuse.
In addition to child abuse issues, our lawyer in Durham NC, Kevin E. Jones can help you resolve your insurance, injury and other legal matters in an ethical and proper manner. Don’t let your health, finances and overall wellbeing suffer because you’re unaware of your legal rights. Contact Durham personal injury attorney, Kevin E Jones before making any final decisions. Things happen and many people go without the proper representation when they need it most. Don’t be just another number.