Consult a Durham Traffic Attorney
Auto accidents, speeding tickets, DWI, parking tickets, oh my. Traffic violations touch almost each and every one of us more often than we would like. There are a number of possible charges, punishments, outcomes, and long-term effects associated the traffic violations listed below.
A number of traffic crimes and their corresponding outcomes are offered to give you an idea of the range and complex nature of traffic law. If you don’t know what you are doing, you are most likely going to make mis-steps that have consequences. Almost any of these charges warrant points on your drivers license and insurance premium increases as well.
- Running a red light (ticket)
- Running a stop sign (ticket)
- Failing to signal (ticket)
- Illegal parking (ticket)
- Failure to yield (ticket)
- Driving without headlights at night (ticket)
- Improper equipment (signal lights, tail lights, speedometer) (ticket)
- Hitting a moving vehicle (ticket)
- Hitting or rear-ending a stopped car (ticket)
- Property damage by vehicle (civil and ticket)
- Manslaughter by vehicle (civil and criminal charges)
- Reckless driving (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- Speeding (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- Exceeding the safe speed (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- DWI (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- DUI (ticket and/or drivers license revoked)
- Driving underage (ticket and/or learners permit revoked)
- Death by motor vehicle (civil and criminal charges)
If you have questions regarding one of these or another traffic violation, please contact Durham traffic lawyer, Kevin E. Jones for legal advice and assistance.