The Law Office of Kevin E. Jones
All of our Clients are counseled and represented by Durham lawyer Kevin E. Jones. As the oldest of 5 children growing up in inner city Detroit, Michigan, Attorney Jones learned early on how to defend and protect his siblings from the harsh outside world. It is this passion for defending others that sparked his interest in becoming an Attorney. It is his mission to ensure that all of his clients understand that he will be on "their side" when everyone else is against them.
Attorney Jones is a graduate of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. He came to North Carolina as a part of the Teach for America program in 1997. Mr. Jones taught 5th grade at Braswell Elementary School, in Rocky Mount, NC for three years. It was during this time as a classroom teacher that he began to see how he could combine his passion for protecting the rights of others and his love for law. In August 2000, he took the next step on the road to reaching his lifelong dream of becoming an attorney by attending North Carolina Central University School of Law.
After receiving his law degree and being licensed to practice law in the state of North Carolina, Attorney Jones began working as an Assistant Public Defender in Durham County. The 4 years he spent as a Public Defender allowed him to see how people can become lost in the justice system and their lives ruined when they don't have passionate, professional, and experienced representation.
When Attorney Jones established our Law Office in Durham, NC, it was his goal to create a law firm where all clients are informed about their rights, guided through complex legal issues, and protected from those who abuse the justice system.
- Graduate of Vanderbilt University, BS Sociology (1997)
- Graduate of North Carolina Central University School of Law, JD (2003)
- Adjunct Professor, Juvenile Law Clinic, NCCU School of Law (2008-Present)
- Assistant Public Defender(2003-2007)
- 5th Grade Elementary School Teacher (1997-2000)
- Teach For America corps member (1997-2000)
- North Carolina Bar Association's Law Students Pro Bono Service Award (2003)
- Board of Directors for KIPP NC
- Member of Greater Emmanuel Temple of Grace, Durham, NC
- Member of George White Bar Association
- Member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.